- Elderly Nutrition
News as of December 21, 2022
Jasper County Elderly Nutrition Congregate and Home Delivered meals will be closed on Thursday, Dec. 22 due to the weather.
We are also closed Dec. 23 & 26. Extra meals were sent out to help with the days closed and a Christmas meal will be provided on Christmas day for those who signed up by Dec. 9. Please check on your homebound neighbors.
Serving the Elderly in Jasper County Since 1976
Providing on site and home delivered meals. Jasper County Serves anyone 60 years of age or older and their spouse. Spouse need not be 60.
- Newton: Serves both on-site and home delivered meals. Meals are served 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 641-792-7102 for reservations.
- Colfax: Serves both on-site and home delivered meals. Meals are served at 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 641-792-7102 or Toll Free 866-942-7102 for reservations.
- Monroe: Serves both on-site and home delivered meals. Meals are served at 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 641-792-7102 or Toll Free 866-942-7102 for reservations.
All Residents Eligible
Home Delivered Meals are available for eligible residents in all Jasper County Communities. Jasper County Congregate meals provides services without regard to race, color, national origin, handicap or age. We also follow the Older Americans Act of 1965. There is no charge for the meals but donations are accepted and needed.
Services Also Offered
- Weekend meals
- Holiday meals
- Monthly programs at the meal sites
- Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
- Shelf stable meals for emergencies
Jasper County Elderly Nutrition receives funds from:
- Aging Resources of Central Iowa
- Jasper County
- Donations from local people and organizations
For Additional Information Contact
- Kelli VanManen, Project Manager at 641-792-7102 or one of the individual sites:
- Main Office: Jasper County Community Center
- Newton: 2401 1st Avenue East
- Colfax: 1 Howard and Walnut
- Monroe: 206 W Sherman