- Contacting Inmates
- Main jail number, use to speak to a jail staff member: 641-791-7081
- Call the inmate message system number, 515-497-4200. You will need to go online to www.icsolutions.com and set up an account before you can leave a message. Voice messages cost $1.00 to leave but the system is secure and only your inmate can listen to the message.
2300 Law Center Drive
Newton, Iowa 50208
- All mail must contain a full return address with name.
- Envelopes cannot have any additions writing, stickers, etc. other than the mailing address and the return address. Envelopes containing extra items will be returned to sender.
- Letters cannot contain stickers, glue, glitter glue or glitter pen ink, perfume, newspaper clippings, magazine pages, origami paper, stamps for return mail, etc. If your letter contains any of these items it may be placed in the inmate’s property box or returned to sender.
- Cards mailed in to inmates cannot contain glue, glitter, velum sheets, springs, sticky spacer pads, stickers, etc. Cards containing these items will be shown to the inmate then placed in their property box.
- Blank cards cannot be mailed in to an inmate so they can mail it back out again. If the inmate needs a card to mail out they can purchase one from commissary.
- We do not recommend mailing cash in for an inmate. Please send a money order made out to the inmate. We will not take personal checks.
- You can mail whites in for an inmate but they must follow the guidelines of acceptable property for an inmate.
- Do not mail hygiene items as they will not be allowed to have them. Hygiene must be purchased from the jail.